Tuesday, 3 September 2013

WIP crack away.

Just thought I'd pop in with a quick round up of my WIPs (Work In Progress). One of my favourite patterns is the Ruby Ruffle by The Cottage Mama a very versatile pattern. I'm not one for ruffles but love the version with an inset panel. Bonuses for this are I can add some piping, I looooooove making piping (I know I need to get a life), and you can eek out your really precious fabric by using it in small amounts teamed with something like denim, cord or twill. Here are a few versions currently in my Etsy shop.




This is what The Cottage Mama herself said about my seagull dress.

I'm working on some other versions using my purchases from the Quilt Festival.

I just love this fabric (Bear Hike by Birch from The Eternal Maker) teamed with soft brown/tan needlecord - yum, yum, yum!



I've got some other ideas in the pipeline and I've been working on new labels and logo.

I decided to switch from handmade to handcrafted a very subtle change but according to the OED (Oxford English Dictionary) - in my opinion the ONLY dictionary worth using.

handmade ● adj. made by hand rather than machine
handcrafted ● adj. make skilfully by hand

Well I'm going to blow my own trumpet ;-)

Here's Sheepy Sheeperson my new logo. Pink and grey because they are "my" colours apparently and a sheep because of a stunning photograph I have on my living room wall of a sheep that Geek Girl took and to tie in with the whole Cotswold wool history.

and with the words.



Well just a quick one today.
But never fear back soon with buttonholes (read it carefully! I'll never be the same after the Craftsy debacle) and all that palaver.

TTFN Kate